Volunteering in Arrels means getting to know the reality of homeless people in Barcelona.
If you’re in Barcelona for six months or more and want to do some volunteering, you can find out more about it here. We only require you to speak some Spanish so that the communication with the people attended is more fluent. If you’re here for less than 6 months but you want to make a proposal, go ahead! We also offer the possibility to do summer volunteering, during July, August and September.
To get more information about the volunteering opportunities, write to email@example.com or call the number 93 441 29 90. Paola Contreras is the contact person.
What can you do as a volunteer?
- Share some time with the users that come to the Day Centre and lend a hand in the wardrobe, shower, first-aid and locker services.
- Visit homeless people known by Arrels who now live in a residence or are in hospital.
- Help in the daily routine of people who live in flats of the entity or in the Pere Barnés Residence.
- Collaborate with the pre-labour workshop.
- Lend a hand in the maintenance of Arrels’ flats and facilities..
- Collaborate with Arrels’ website, translating or helping to organise the library..