El teu navegador està desactualitzat. Té vulnerabilitats conegudes i pot no mostrar totes les característiques d'aquest i altres llocs web. Aprèn a actualitzar el navegador.

Practical information

What can you do if you are on the brink of finding yourself on the street?

Don’t wait until the last moment; start moving from the very moment you notice you are at risk of ending up on the street. The first step is to contact the Social Services of your neighbourhood, where you are registered. Everyone of us has the right to a free doctor and to a lawyer as well as the right to a social worker.

  • If you live in Barcelona, find your social services centre here:
    Social services in Barcelona
  • If you live in Catalonia, but outside of Barcelona go to the corresponding social services centre. To find out where your social services centre is, call 012.
  • If you live outside Catalonia, call the citizen information number 012.
  • If you live in Barcelona and you are going to be evicted from your home in a few days, call the Centre of Social Emergencies and Urgencies (CUESB).
    Address: Llacuna street, 25 | Tel. 900 70 30 30
  • If you’ve got a hearing disability, you can contact Catalonia’s Government Emergencies. You can also contact Barcelona City Council’s Centre of Social Urgencies and Emergencies.
  • If your problem has to do with a gender violence situation, call the number 016.
  • If you are a foreign person, the Attention Service to Immigrants, Migrants and Refugees (SAIER) will accompany you in the process of applying for refugee status or asylum; legal assessment; pre-labour and social insertion programs and language and cultural accompaniment.
  • If you need to find your country’s consulate in Barcelona, in this link you’ll find a list of consulates, with offices in Barcelona.
  • If you’re ill and haven’t got a medical card, you can go to A&E of any public hospital and you’ll be attended. The Family and Health Association attends the basic health needs of people in a irregular situation and unable to access the public health system.

Check you’ve got all your documentation in order

NIE or passport, medical card and, if you’ve got it, the census registration. You will need either of these documents to ask for benefits and you must check the expiry date. If you are nor registered in any records office, explain your situation to your neighbourhood’s Social Services.

If you’ve been robbed and you’ve got no documentation, you must report it to the police and also get in touch with your embassy.

Prepare yourself an emergency pack with your most essential things and look for someone who can store them for you.

If you live with your family and are looking after your children, don’t hesitate to call the Social Services, since families have priority and you will soon be attended. If you are single or you live with your partner with no children, it will be more difficult to find a solution. If you’re having problems paying the mortgage and you’re in an eviction process:

  • Ofideute
    Ofideute Catalonia’s Government service that advises on mortgage debt issues and works as an intermediary with the bank entities..
    Web site
  • Platform of People Affected by the Mortgage
    In their web you can find useful documents to ask for the assignment in payment and to apply for free legal advice.
    Web site | Barcelona headquarters
  • Càritas Housing Mediation Services
    This service works in the regions of Barcelonès, Vallès Oriental and Occidental, Baix Llobregat, Garraf, Alt Penedès, part of Maresme and part of Anoia. To find out more, write an e-mail to smh@caritasbcn.org or visit this website.
  • Storage and safekeeping service for belongings after a legal eviction
    Barcelona City Council service that offers the storage of furniture and belongings for people who have been evicted, up to a maximum of three months.More information.