At the Arrels Foundation we offer the possibility of designing your cards through our project Homelessfonts.org while contributing with a donation that helps us continue to work to make possible our hope that #nobodysleepingonthestreet. Here’s how!
What do we offer?
Wish a Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas or Happy New Year to your family and friends designing your own cards, using the font of people that have been homeless and supporting the projects of the Arrels Foundation.
- Go to our website homelessfonts.org/christmas/ to design your card
Click to choose an image for the card. There are two options: choose a pre-determined image or upload one from your computer.
- Add text to your card. You can choose the colour and size as well as one of the five fonts created by people that have been homeless.
- Once the composition of the card is done, click on the “create” button.
- On the next page, we offer the option of giving a donation so that we can continue to offer housing at night and food for homeless people. If you cannot or do not want to collaborate financially click on the “skip donation” button.
- Share your card with your friends and family by email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The card can also be printed!
Designing your card with Homelessfonts.org supports the work of the Arrels Foundation with homeless people in Barcelona. At the same time, you are adding value to the handwriting of people that have lived on the street and raise awareness among your peers about the reality of homeless people.
Want to know more about Homelessfonts.org?
Homelessfonts.org is a project launched by Arrels and charitably developed by the advertising agency The Cyranos McCann. The initiative has converted the handwriting of various homeless people living in the streets of Barcelona into fonts that can be downloaded for individual or commercial use. You may find out more by watching this video.