Living on the Street

Need somewhere to eat, sleep or shower in Barcelona? What can you do if you are the victim of an assault? How can you defend your basic rights? If you are an adult and live on the street, you can go directly to these resources; you don’t need to be referred by a social worker.

Specific Municipal Services

The majority of these resources have a waiting list, but don’t give up on trying to access them. You can also ask for help from the Barcelona City Council’s Social Integration Service (SIS), a municipal service that specifically attends to people living on the city’s streets:

  • Address: Passeig Pujades 29, Barcelona
  • How to get there: Metro L1 – Arc de Triomf
  • Hours: From Monday to Friday, 8:00-14:00. They are also open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16:00 to 19:00.

If you are not from an EU country, live on the street and have lived in Spain for less than two years, you should go to the Care Service for Immigrants, Emigrants and Refugees (SAIER)

  • Address: c/ Tarragona, 141 Barcelona
  • How to get there: Metro L3 Tarragona
  • Hours: From Monday to Friday, 9:00-13:00. You will have to make an appointment in advance. 

During the cold months (November-March), the Ajuntament has places to sleep at night. 

  • Address: c/ Llacuna 25, Barcelona
  • How to get there: Metro L4 Llacuna
  • Hours: You can explain your situation and ask for temporary accommodation at any time. Previously, they have conducted interviews. There may be a waiting list.

Do you need in-person guidance?

If you need us to assist you in person, you can come to Arrels or call us by dialing (+34) 93 551 48 40.

This guide is also useful for people that have a home and want to be informed in order to offer guidance to their neighbors who live in the street.