Images that change perceptionsA person’s image says a lot about them, but what is really behind an image? Behind Homeless Commons, there are people who have lived on the street and volunteers and workers at Arrels, all of whom have lent their images to help break an persistent barrier: prejudice against homeless people
My heart means more than what a mirror says because – in the end – the mirror will break, but your heart never goes away
Salvador, 5 years on the street
What can you do with these images?
- Illustrate your personal projects: a poster, a greetings card, a digital publication, or any other creative design.
- Add value to your professional projects: adverts, corporate materials, websites, or other business projects.
Homeless Commons is the first collection of images to feature people who have lived on the street, but it’s also part of a much more ambitious project. We want to create a Homeless Commons hallmark – a fair and solidarity-showing licence inspired by Creative Commons – which will provide free photographs, fonts, and other contributions made by people who want to invest the goods of their trade to make our goal possible: #nobodysleepingonthestreet.
What’s the story behind each image?In Barcelona there are a thousand people who sleep on the street every night Manel, Paco, Valerio, Salvador, and Esteban are some of those people who have lived on the street and who, along with the workers and volunteers at Arrels, have contributed their images to make Homeless Commons possible.Using one of these images not only brings attention to an invisible reality, but also lends helping hand to the 1,900 homeless people we assist each year. Above all, you will be helping to challenge prejudices and assissting in making our goal, #nobodysleepingonthestreet, possible.
How can I get photographs from Homeless Commons?‘Images that change perceptions’ is the first photographic collection to be available under the Homeless Commons licence. This Christmas, surprise your clients, friends, and readers with images that change perceptions!
- I want to buy the complete collection – Images that change perceptions’.You get a package of 136 photographs in high resolution.Price: 50€ (equivalent to food for one person for ten days).
- I want to buy a themed series.You get a series of between 40 and 54 photographs for your creative designs. Find the theme that inspires you!Price: 22€ (equivalent to a night’s lodging and social attention for one person for ten days).
- I want one image. (opció random)Make a donation and we will send you a photograph to design your projects or share on social networks.Your contribution will help make #nobodysleepingonthestreet possible!
- I want to set up a tailored session. We offer the services of professional photographers to satisfy your creative needs. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.